Monday, August 1, 2011

Daily writing Prompts #64

The Trick with this prompt, really with any story, is to take something mundane and turn it into something interesting.


"Next."
"Yes I need a new license."
"This is the wrong form."
"This is the form they gave me in line 6."
"That is your problem, you should have never been in line 6. If you want a new license you need to start in line 1."
"I started in line 1, they took my name and told me to go to line 6."
"Who did you speak with in line 1?"
"I don't remember her name."
"See you need to talk to Nancy in line 1, she will send you to the right line, if you talked to Trudy, she usually gets it wrong."
"So what line do I need to go to?"
"I don't know you need to talk to Nancy, but you better hurry she goes to lunch in 15 minutes."
"You mean you can't tell me what line I need to go to."
"Nope that is Nancy's job. If I do her job then what will Nancy do. Next!"